I just listened to a very interesting seminar (by the author of our homeschool curriculum "My Father's World") and he talked about the dire crisis that this country is in...namely because not many people actually live their lives according to a Biblical world view. Do you?
You must answer each of these 8 questions "yes" in order to really view the world according to the Bible:
1. Does absolute moral truth exist?
2. Is absolute truth defined by the Bible?
3. Did Jesus live a sinless life?
4. Is God the all-knowing, all-powerful creator of the universe, and does he still rule the universe today?
5. Is salvation a gift from God that cannot be earned?
6. Is Satan real?
7. Does a Christian have a responsibility to share his faith with other people?
8. Is the Bible accurate in all of it's teachings?
I believe that this stuff really makes a difference in how we live our lives, and most importantly where we will spend eternity!
Sadly, the man who asked all these questions to a large sample of "Born again, church-attending Christians" (George Barney) concluded that only 50% of the Pastors in our churches believed all of these things. Only 9% of these born again Christians believed them all! ...Public school is doing their job I guess.
As for me and my family, we subscribe to every one of these beliefs. I just didn't know we were so alone. ??
No comments:
Post a Comment