Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Avery!

 I made my own molds of legos, and made chocolate lego blocks and lego men.
 This mold making kit was fun, you just mix the two mixtures together, equal parts, then pour into your container, which I made out of a wall of legos.
After 4 hours, it was done. I flipped it over and took the legos out and I had a mold!
 I had to make the party bags look like legos too, so I cut out foam circles and glued them to the bags.
 Then I got bored, and decided to make some lego men crayons. I peeled and peeled and peeled crayons....then bribed Avery to help me peel some more.
 Then I chopped them up in little pieces with a knife, and put a whole crayon in each mold. Pop them in the microwave for 5 minutes and they were melted. About an hour in the fridge and then they were ready to go! Forgot to take a picture of the finished crayons, but they look just like the chocolate lego men on the cake.
  Chalk on the sidewalk leading our party-guests to the partay!

 The kids each got a little baggy of lego man crayons and a coloring sheet.
 We had 10 kids over, and they just loved playing games in the back yard, and eating hot doggies.
Happy 8th birthday, my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment