Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall in the park...and 30

Our favorite time of the year! The unbearably hot months are over, now for the long autumn where we can wear sweaters, long sleeved shirts, and slipper socks. A perfect time to build a fire in our backyard fire pit and roast marshmallows and drink hot chocolate...oh, my favorite time of the year!

Sedgwick County Park on a wonderful fall evening.

Avery made me cupcakes all by himself for my birthday, all I did was put them in the oven! They were so good, we ate them all before I could get a picture...yum!
My dear mother-in-law made me this five pound cake, isn't she sweet? It's double chocolate with fudge frosting and chocolate chip...I think I gained 2.5 pounds just smelling it. We could have eaten it...if we would have had 27 people over. Avery made these party hats for us, even one for the cat Sammi! She didn't like it much.

1 comment:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday!!! It looks like it was a special day...we'll have to do some celebrating since it was the big _ _.I noticed how you left out the number so I won't let the cat out of the bag for you:) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete