Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Fourth of July
Avery and I flew (standby) to South Dakota for the weekend, and what a great trip! Fireworks were early on the 3rd, which was perfect since I flew out on the 4th. Dad took us to the Belle Fourche rodeo, which was our first rodeo - we got to see bull riding, barrel racing, and lots of other cool stuff. The announcer was amazing, and I admire him for how patriotic he made us all feel. I almost cried when he talked about the pride of being a cowboy in the midwest, in a state that can still pay its own bills :). Then we copped a squat across the street from the fireworks, and enjoyed them in the cool night air, so fresh at about 75 degrees with a slight breeze, and NO humidity! Praise God for that...when I got back to sticky Wichita I wanted to go back right away. After fireworks we walked over to the carnival and used up the wad of tickets dad bought for us. We rode til about midnight, and Avery was such a trooper, he didn't whine one time! His favorite ride now is the Tilt-a-"World" as he calls it. I had a great time with my little (bigger) sister Mandy, she is so much fun! Alas...wish I could have stayed the whole week. I miss my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment