A few weeks ago Chris, his parents, and Avery went down to Oklahoma to visit his gramma. I think she is 95 and still living by herself very independently. She reminds me of my own gramma Smith, who was very much the same...living to 104 I think. Looks like Avery has some good strong genes! They visited her during a brief stay in the hospital, but she is better now.
Last week Chris returned from Las Vegas - another foosball tournament. He brought home yet another trophy to add to his collection, 1st place! He is the number 1 ranked Professional foosball player in the world right now. How's that for obscure fame?
I am in Orlando at a work conference...for some very nerdy reasons that I won't bore you with! When we arrived here we came upon a comic book / gaming conference where everyone was dressed up like their favorite characters with a Goth theme. I found myself kind of laughing at them with the spikes and all the black, and swords and stuff because it looked a little silly in a fancy hotel in Orlando with business men everywhere. But then I caught myself and thought "Um....yeah. Tomorrow they will be looking in on our conference where we are all giddy with excitement over learning new six sigma tools and methods for finding root cause and doing statistical analysis on processes...and they will be the ones thinking we are the biggest nerds they have ever seen." And here is my motto for the day, to keep myself in check: To each their own. Have a great day, doing whatever 'silly' thing you are passionate about, because we are all nerds in our own way.


No comments:
Post a Comment